Would you like to take on a crucial position contributing to the growth of a rapidly expanding and dynamic IT firm? We’re currently seeking a Linux System Administrator!
Are you prepared to assume responsibility for all IT aspects supporting a group of driven engineering and business experts within a company that has a proven history of success and is on a promising trajectory?
• Provide system administration services for Linux / UNIX / Windows infrastructure and development systems (scripting, loading machines, system configuration)
• Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including: maintenance, changes as required by evolvement of production environments, updating software and software configurations
• Troubleshoot Linux / Windows systems identifying hardware, software (both OS and application level), and networking issues
• Acquisition, maintenance and upgrade of all hardware including working stations (laptops, desktops)
• Assume other duties / projects as they arise and be responsive to the needs of the department
• Provide weekly status report on activities completed and current/ongoing projects
• Actively contribute to all ongoing and new internal projects
• Keeping up-to-date with the latest position related technologies
• Timely and accurate reporting on status for assigned tasks
• Performing specific failure recovery procedures for managed systems and applications
• Ensuring that operational procedures are up to date and effectively applied
• Meet the SLA requirements and the internal procedural workflow
• Keep a close contact and effective communication with the teams you are offering support to
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical discipline; or equivalent technical experience/knowledge
• Minimum 3 years of experience doing hands-on Unix/Linux systems administration
• Strong knowledge/background in both engineering and business IT deployment and administration
• Technically capable of dealing with all things server-room, but not too proud to do a bit of desktop sys admin also
• Scripting skills (Bash, Python, Perl, etc.) and ability to use them to automate sysadmin tasks such as system setup, patching and deployment
• Can both plan and drive new implementation of new infrastructure/applications, and support existing ones
• Deep understanding of, and experience with, Linux system administration
• At least some experience/knowledge with Windows server/desktop administration
• Knowledge of network management/security/administration, including firewall, VLAN, DMZ, LDAP, NIS, IPA
• Willing, able and eager to seek out information and learn the things in the above that he/she doesn’t already know
• Strong problem solving, communication and debugging skills
• Excellent communication skills
At Arnia, we are a diverse and passionate team of software development engineers, quality assurance engineers, business analysts, system administrators, and managers, united by our shared dedication to creating high-quality software solutions and delivering exceptional services to our valued customers and partners.
We believe in customer satisfaction as being the single most important goal we want to achieve in everything we do. But we also believe that we can reach this goal while having fun at work, making friends, and enjoying working together. We have game evenings, nights out and team building events to help us know each other better and spend quality time together. Also, we have a flat organization, with no unnecessary hierarchies and where you reach the management easily.
In Arnia you will meet very skilled software engineers with rich academicals background, with passion for innovation and continuous education, self-driven and oriented toward results. At the same time, they are people with high sense of humour, fun and informal, that value friendship, trust and a nice working environment.
Excellence is achieved step by step, it is a journey we always take together as a team and as a modern organization. We recognize the value of each individual, we value diversity and we support your development career – your success is our success! We take pride in helping our people to develop their career, continuously improving their skills and their technical knowledge and to fully reach their own development goals.
People are different, they are coming from various cultures and are motivated by different things:
We recognize people’s diversity and we try to meet everyone’s goals.
Arnia encourages you to pursuit your own interests, projects and ideas – passion can turn small things into big things – we want to be part of your own individual success. Let us know your ideas and your personal interests and we will find a way to support you.
Not the least, we have class A offices, located in Piata Victoriei – Europa House building, next to the metro stations and to other transportation means. It is very easy to get to work and you will enjoy the quality and the lifestyle of our offices.
And if you like all these, why don’t you join us?
Whatever role you choose to pursue in our organization, as long as it aligns with our company goals and values, we will support you all the way. We provide for each employee:
I joined the Arnia team in 2011 on the XpressEngine project (PHP based CMS, most popular in South-East Asia) and now I’m leading the team that develops our own CMS, Karybu. Also, our PHP team is involved in a lot more projects on different technologies ranging from Magento to WordPress and from Zend Framework to Symfony2. Dan D., PHP Tech Lead @ Arnia
Also, you will have the chance to mentor other people, to contribute to their growth and to help them with their career development. As a family, we support each other to achieve our best potential and to contribute better to the organization success.
In Arnia we need more than just excellent software engineers – we need highly skilled technical leaders, business analysts, and managers. And they are usually found within our own organization – they are people who showed great skills as individual contributors and choose to follow a leading role. Growing as a leader requires the development of specific skills, such as: people management, social awareness, self-awareness and leadership vision. If you are up to the challenge, we will support you and we will provide the best opportunities to show your talent and dedication.
And if you choose to be a full-time individual contributor, you will get the chance to develop your engineering skills, enrich your technical knowledge and promote to senior levels – it’s up to you and us to find together the best path for your career.