In the below table there are some examples of success criteria indicators that we use in our typical projects
- Every piece of code is reviewed and signed off by the team; we use buddy developers for the 1st round of code review and code reviews groups for a 2nd round; external parties can also be invited to perform code reviews, as needed.
- Anytime a code checking is performed, we use Continuous Integration procedures; we execute the automated test cases suites, to detect regressions.
- All the code must always comply with the coding standards defined in the Software Design & Development plan.
- The unit tests cases coverage is at least 95%.
- The functional test cases coverage is at least 75%.
- The automated functional test cases coverage must be at least 60%
- All P1 tests cases and at least 80% of the P2 tests cases must pass to meet the deliverable exit criteria.
- All types of appropriate testing are performed (functional, security, localization, integration etc.), as appropriate.
- The test code is reviewed and meets the same quality bar as the product code.
Project Management QualityProject management methodology is sometimes a part of the project non-functional requirements:
- Is project management methodology followed properly?
- Are all the project management documents up to date?
- Are there clear responsibilities defined in the team?
- External auditors “checklists” compliance is met?
- Is there:
- A change management plan available and enforced?
- A risk management plan available and enforced?
Project DocumentationThe project documentation includes the following documents which must be reviewed, approved and maintained:
- Product Architecture
- Quality Assurance Plan
- Software Design & Development Plan
- Test Plan
- Test cases documentation
- Scrum documentation artefacts (Scrum backlog, Sprints backlog etc.)
Development Environment QualityWe also measure and analyze, depending on the project specific needs:
- Hardware resources availability numbers
- (Root Cause Analysis - RCA) for the development environment downtimes
- Cost for hardware and software maintenance
- Cost for the specific testing environment
Delivery PerformanceThe following indicators are measured and the delivery performance is assessed against them:
- Deliveries completed on time
- Deliveries accepted as complete on time
- Requests to fix
- Bugs: incoming rate, severity and priority, average time to resolve/fix/close, areas distribution etc.
Support and MaintenanceWe usually measure:
- Responses completed on time
- Change requests tendencies/evolution
- Average time for handling change requests
- Customer support satisfaction
OtherDepending on the nature of the project, we can deal with specific requirements. For example, there are project where security policies demands requires:
- A security plan for the project development lifecycle
- An environment resources access list
- An audit policy for the project team
- Security reviews activities