An effective and efficient document management system is an important requisite for the quality assurance activities. All documentation deliverables must be properly stored and maintained, using a document management system which meets these key goals:
- All documents have to undergo through the following mandatory steps/stages:
- Changes & current status of the documents is easy retrievable; a versioning system is in place.
- Ownership of the documents is easy retrievable.
- Documents of “external” origin are identified and their distribution is controlled, if required.
- Obsolete documents are clearly marked, to prevent unintended future usage.