The beneficiary of our product provides organizations in the education sector software support for teachers in order to improve their competences and skills.
The project platform was built in two steps: it began in 2006 and was completed revamped starting with 2015. We have entered in this project in 2015 to help our client redesign the entire application.
The platform enables teachers to evaluate themselves and each other, using job related forms with specific questions about their skills.
Main features include:
- a system structured on organizations, in a pyramidal way, formed by departments, each with his own manager
- the managers have the role of initiating reports for evaluating members
- evaluation are filled in by peers in 360 degrees way
- a ranking system is in place based on the evaluation that it is visible by both the evaluator and the evaluate
We embrace Agile methodologies in most of our projects. Many times it is our customers and partners who ask us to use Agile methodologies (Scrum , Kanban) from the inception of the project. When the choice is left to our engineers, we carefully analyze the project specifics, and we propose a project management methodology based on Scrum or Kanban which best fits the specific needs and context.
The development team consists of 3 developers based in our headquarter (2 frontend, 1 backend) and also a development team on our client premises. We work closely with the Client Service Team and the Infrastructure Team to offer tech support and maintenance, when needed.
As in all of our projects, we worked in an Agile and flexible way. We had daily scrum meetings with sprints and demo release every two weeks.
Architecture & Technologies
The project consists of a single page application built on Angular 1.5, which consumes a RESTful API written in Java, using the Spring framework.
- For Frontend: Angular 1.5, es6, Sass, Gulp, Webpack
- For Backend: Java8, PostgresSQL, JPA, Spring Data Rest, Spring Data, Spring Security, Amazon S3, BIRT Reports